Information Collection, Use and Disclosure
During the course of your involvement with Robina Realty, we may collect, use or disclose personal information about you for the following purposes:
- Assisting you to sell your property;
- Assisting you to purchase a property;
- Assisting you to lease a property (either as lessor or lessee);
- Assisting you to obtain a loan;
- Assisting you with payment or refund of a bond;
- Assisting you with tenancy disputes;
- Coordinating repairs or maintenance of a property owned or leased by you;
- Recording or accessing information at the Titles Registry Office or other government agency;
- Recording or accessing information at the Residential Tenancies Authority;
- Recording or accessing information on tenancy information services or databases;
- Client and business relationship management;
- Marketing of products and services to you;
In order to provide products and services to you, we may disclose your personal information to the persons/organisations described below:
- In the event that you are a seller or a lessee, we may disclose your personal information to prospective buyers of the property owned or leased by you;
- In the event that you are a buyer or a lessee, we may disclose your personal information to the sellers of the property you are purchasing or leasing;
- Your legal advisor(s) and the legal advisor(s) representing the other party(s) involved in your transaction;
- Your financial institution and/or financial advisor;
- Insurance providers and brokers;
- Utility providers and utility connection service providers;
- Persons or organisations involved in providing, managing or administering your product or service including independent contractors engaged by us as real estate agents;
- Tradespeople engaged by us to repair or maintain a property owned or leased by you;
- Organisations involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including maintaining or upgrading our computer systems;
- Persons or organisations involved in purchasing part or all of our business;
- Our related companies;
- Organisations involved in the payments systems including financial institutions, merchants and payment organisations;
- The Titles Registry Office or other government agencies;
- The Residential Tenancies Authority;
- Tenancy information services or databases;
- Real estate websites;
Whenever it is reasonable or practicable to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. Sometimes it will be necessary for us to collect information from a third party or a publicly available source, such as a credit reporting agency, your legal adviser, your past or current employers, your previous lessors or property managers, and tenancy information services or databases.
We may disclose your personal information to recipients within Australia or to overseas recipients. Should information be required to be sent interstate or overseas, we will take steps to protect the privacy of your information.
We need your permission to collect, use and disclose your personal information, and we therefore ask that you sign the consent when engaging our services.
In the event that you do not consent to Robina Realty collecting and releasing your personal information as described above, we may be unable to provide the services requested by you.
Access to, and correction of personal information
You have the right to request access to your information and to request that Robina Realty update or correct your personal information. A charge may apply for providing access to your information.
If you consider that there has been a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, you are entitled to complain to Robina Realty.
We will acknowledge receipt of a complaint within 2 business days.
We will investigate the complaint and attempt to resolve it within 20 business days after the complaint was received. Where it is anticipated that this timeframe is not achievable, we will contact you to provide an estimate of how long it will take to investigate and respond to the complaint.
If you consider that we have not adequately dealt with a complaint, you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on the below details:
Officer of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
1300 363 992
GPO Box 5218 SYDNEY NSW 2001
You may contact us by mail, email or telephone as follows:
PO Box 3511
Robina Town Centre QLD 4230
07 5593 1031
Review: The Policy will be reviewed following changes to the relevant State and Commonwealth legislation and/or significant change to our systems